Pages

Sunday, March 1, 2015

My Woeful Salary and Indias' Budget 2015





How can you give 28000 as a salary, that too after working for 3 yrs of overhyped-underprivileged Group A Class I officer service? How on earth does this meagre amount qualify for a salary even? This is what I earned for the past two months. Sadly but truly it is 4000 less than what my Group C staff got this month. At one point I had an urge to borrow some from him in lieu of granting 8 extra leaves . 28K in 28 days of Feb. means  I managed to earn only 1000 Rs per day which gives me a feeling of having myself enrolled in MGNREGA rather than working as a Govt officer(Pl add ‘Overhyped’ every time I use this cuss word).

28K is a sum which can swing a Bollywood Maa’s  mood away from honest salaried Police officer Ravi to Bangla-Gaadi-Naukar -Chaakar owning criminal Vijay. 2015 is 40 yrs more than 1975. Presuming Ravi owned 1000 Rs per month then and adding an increment of Avg 1000 Rs per yr (considering in b/w pay commissions) he would have earned 41000 in Feb 2015, 13000 more than me. And to admit my mother is no simple, innocent, white suti saree clad Nirupama Roy of 1975 potboiler Deewar. She knows things and she demands things.  She rattles of Flipkart by heart. Although she calls it Philip Kaat . Last week she asked me to buy “5 sim wala Aashu  Ye Phone ”. It took me 3 google search to decipher her  craving for Asus  Zenfone 5 and 3 days to convince that 5 is not meant for 5 sim slots.(You guessed it right, Aashu is my nickname)

28000 Man??In hindi its called Atthais Hazaar. Infact in hindi it stinks. Even Tees-Battees hazaar commands some respect in social circle. But atthais hazzaar??Although its not true but in general parlance of Bihar,UP Afsar gets Assi (80) hazaar and a Peon gets Paitees (35) hazaar. Where does Atthais fit into it??Bandhua Mazdoor!

I thought Jaitley baba with a mandate of 282 would be heartful enough to part away some amount from Govt coffers as bonus for Holi/Diwali to officers too. I waited for this announcement with bated breath and dog’s curiosity during his budget presentation. But finally all he did was  to move away on his Elephant slowly and surely.


Thankyou for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...